- Room Rentals at Wilshire Bouelvard Temple
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Kashrut Policy
- Vendor Requirements
- Vendor Deliveries
- Requirements Prior to Your Event
- A/V and Electrical
- Flowers for the Bimah
Room rentals at Wilshire Boulevard Temple are made on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please contact Cheryl Garland, Events and Planning Manager, for the most updated room rental fees. Cheryl can be reached at 213-835-2167 or email@example.com.
Please note that all room rental fees include security and maintenance, as well as the set-up, use and clean-up of Wilshire Boulevard Temple tables and chairs (22 round tables with 10 chairs each, 6 and 8 foot rectangular tables for buffet). Linens, glassware, flatware, umbrellas and outdoor heaters are not included in this price but can be provided for an additional fee.
Wilshire Boulevard Temple is a link in the 4,000 year old chain of the Jewish tradition. We honor and uphold the holiness and awareness of Kashrut, which links us to our past and allows us to experience holy choices in all the food we eat.
Wilshire Boulevard Temple has one Kashrut policy for all locations and events.
- Pork products and shellfish are not permitted on any campus or at any Wilshire Boulevard Temple event at any time.
- Milk and its derivatives and meat* and its derivatives will not be served together at the same meal or event.
- All Temple related events (board meetings, advisory boards, school events, fundraising events, etc.) will provide vegetarian or kosher meat options. When a family organizes a simcha or a memorial event (on Wilshire Boulevard Temple properties), they may choose to cater either a meat or a dairy meal.
- All outside catering must adhere to the Wilshire Boulevard Temple Kashrut Policy. There are no exceptions.
*Meat does not have to be certified kosher.
All vendors require advance approval from Cheryl Garland, Events and Planning Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-835-2167. To be approved to work at an event at Wilshire Boulevard Temple, all vendors must provide proof of a $1 million Certificate of Liability insurance policy at least 14 days prior to the events. Please note that outside caterers must provide proof of a $2 million Certificate of Liability insurance policy.
Requirements for all vendors:
- Carpet and flooring should be covered/protected for load-in/load-out.
- No equipment may be used that requires attachment to a wall, window or woodwork. No form of tape, nails, hooks, tacks, or similar materials may be fastened to any surfaces.
- All rental items must be clearly labeled to show ownership.
- Large floral arrangements need to be picked up and disposed of immediately following your event.
- Breakage/and or loss will be charged at actual replacement cost.
- Vendors are responsible for bringing extension cords and extra outlets.
- All vendors must request maintenance staff instruction/assistance before using any kitchen appliance, equipment or supplies.
- The space must be left in the same condition it was found.
Cheryl Garland must be contacted prior to any delivery, unloading or loading by a vendor. She will coordinate all deliveries and equipment set-up and removal from Wilshire Boulevard Temple. Wilshire Boulevard Temple is not responsible for client materials not removed at the conclusion of the event. In the event of non-compliance, Wilshire Boulevard Temple will reserve the right to remove these materials at user’s cost and liability.In general, we ask that vendors adhere to the following drop-off and pick-up times:
Irmas Campus (West) - The campus is open for deliveries on Fridays between 3:45 PM and 7:00 PM. We can accommodate Thursday drop-offs during these hours in special circumstances. Floral drop-offs for Kiddush lunches can be made on Saturday mornings between 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM. Vendor pick-ups for Kiddush lunches should take place during event clean-up, typically between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM. For evening celebrations, deliveries can be made anytime on Saturday. All nighttime parties must end by 11:00 PM. The building closes at 2:00 AM so load out for evening events must be completed by this time.
Glazer Campus (East) - The campus is open for deliveries until 7:00 PM on Fridays. We can accommodate Thursday drop-offs during these hours in special circumstances. Floral drop-offs for Kiddush lunches can be made on Saturday mornings between 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM. Vendor pick-ups for Kiddush lunches should take place during event clean-up, typically between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM. For evening celebrations, deliveries can be made anytime on Saturday. All nighttime parties must end by 11:00 PM. The building closes at 2:00 AM so load out for evening events must be completed by this time.
The Events Department requires all details for your events at least two weeks in advance of the event date. This includes:
- Signed contract & final payment
- Certificate of Insurance from all vendors
- Details on deliveries, vendor timing and needs
Please provide this information to Cheryl Garland, Events and Planning Manager, at email@example.com or 213-835-2167.
Photography is permitted by appointment only. For all photography appointments on either of the campuses of Wilshire Boulevard Temple, please contact Cheryl Garland, Planning and Events Manager, at 213-835-2167 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your time. Please keep in mind the following:
- Photography must be finished by 9:45 a.m. on Saturday mornings before services.
- A special Torah will be set out for you to take family pictures. Please do not remove the Torah from the ark, as they are strictly for use during the service.
- Clergy are not available before the service for still photography. Clergy are available immediately before the kiddush for photos at the ark with the Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
- Each family may reserve a 30 minute photography session before the Bar or Bat Mitzvah service. You may also reserve a 30 minute photography session before or after one of your rehearsals with Cantor Gurney (these take place during the three weeks prior to your service).
- Non-flash photography and video are permitted during services only from the back of the room or the first level of the balcony for the Sanctuary at the Glazer campus, and only from the upstairs lighting room at the Marcia Israel Chapel-Auditorium at the Irmas campus.
Parking is free at both campuses. At Glazer, parking is immediately adjacent to the sanctuary in the Hobart Boulevard Parking Structure (can hold up to 440 cars). Please note that the only entrance to the Glazer Campus on Saturday mornings is through the parking structure. The parking lot at Irmas can hold up to 90 cars, not including the grass.