WELCOME TO B'NEI MITZVAH AT WBT
All families having a Bar, Bat or B'nei Mitzvah at Wilshire Boulevard Temple will need to complete the following forms:
For more information, contact Jennifer Kaufman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is a Bar, Bat or B'nei Mitzvah
- When can my child become a Bar, Bat or B'nei Mitzvah
- What is my role as a parent, and how may my family participate in this special ceremony?
- Who can have an aliyah?
- What if I, or a member of my family is not Jewish? May we still participate in the ceremony?
- Can I request a specific rabbi or cantor for my child’s service?
- Can I create a personalized program for the service?
- Do I need to wear a kippah or tallit during the service?
- What if my child has special learning needs?
- What is the difference between a double and a single Bar, Bat or B'nei Mitzvah?
- Can we move our child's B'nei Mitzvah date once it's booked on the Temple Calendar?
- What is a Tikkun Olam Project?
- What if my child is having the service in Israel, but not on the Wilshire Boulevard Temple B’nei Mitzvah Israel trip? How can Wilshire Boulevard Temple be involved?
- What if I wish to use my own instructor to help my child prepare for the service, instead of one of the Wilshire Boulevard Temple instructors?
- What is appropriate attire for the service?
- Do we have to provide a Kiddush lunch for the congregation?