B'NEI MITZVAH AT WILSHIRE BOULEVARD TEMPLE
Welcome to your home base for all forms and information pertaining to your Bar, Bat or B'nei Mitzvah. We can't wait to share this simcha with you!
- What is a Bar, Bat or B'nei Mitzvah
- When can my child become a Bar, Bat or B'nei Mitzvah
- What is my role as a parent, and how may my family participate in this special ceremony?
- Who can have an aliyah
- What if I, or a member of my family is not Jewish? May we still participate in the ceremony?
- Can I request a specific rabbi or cantor for my child’s service?
- Can I create a personalized program for the service?
- Why do some families throw candy during the service?
- Do I need to wear a kippah or tallit during the service?
- What if my child has special learning needs?
- What is the difference between a double and a single Bar, Bat or B'nei Mitzvah?
- What is a Tikkun Olam Project?
- What if my child is having the service in Israel, but not on the Wilshire Boulevard Temple B’nei Mitzvah Israel trip? How can Wilshire Boulevard Temple be involved?
- What if my child is having a service out of the country, but not in Israel? How can Wilshire Boulevard Temple be involved?
- What if I wish to use my own instructor to help my child prepare for the service, instead of one of the Wilshire Boulevard Temple instructors?
- What is appropriate attire for the service?
- Do we have to provide a Kiddush lunch for the congregation?
More questions? Contact Lisa Alpern at 424-208-8971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.