At its core, Wilshire Boulevard Temple Religious School embraces the philosophy of reform Judaism - practicing Jewish traditions, ideals and faith, with 21st century sensibilities, innovations, and realities.
Emphasizing mitzvot, values, and rituals, especially tikkun olam, we offer flexible and engaging learning options including: weekly classes, monthly programs, in-home religious school and bar/bat mitzvah preparation, a variety of high school programs, youth groups, retreats, and service learning trips. Upper grade students often choose more than one of our many exciting and challenging options.
With community building as the foundation of all religious school experiences, we provide an environment for active, living Judaism that is sensitive to students’ busy, often overextended schedules. Throughout all of our programming, we ultimately strive to develop each student’s desire for a continued connection to Judaism, our community, Los Angeles, and the world.
- What grade should I enroll my student?
- My daughter/son really wants to be in the class with their friend and this is the only way I can get them to go. Is this possible?
- My child has learning differences. Can they still come?
- Can I come check it out?
- Do I have to be a member?
- Is there an attendance requirement?
- What if my spouse isn’t Jewish?
- My child is only with me every other week. Can they still come?
- What will they be doing in class?
- Once my child starts Bar or Bat Mitzvah tutoring, do they still need to come to Religious School?
- Is my child allowed to bring a friend to RS?
- I still have questions!